                       NLS Operations Alert

No. 06-03

DATE  : January 24, 2006

TO    : Network Libraries
FROM  : John Bryant, Production Control Section

Subject :      Late start of 2006 magazines

We regret to inform you that many of the January 2006 magazines are shipping late
because of delays in issuing new contracts again this year.  The contract delays are the
result of changes in Library of Congress (LC) staff and continued implementation of
new automation procedures.  Magazine producers, who have just received their
contracts, are working very hard to get the detained issues out as soon as possible.

We will work more closely with the LC contracts office in the future to assure that this
delay will not occur again next year.  Please relay our apologies to your patrons.

For more information contact:

John Bryant
Head, Production Control Section