Dear friends:

I'm likely going to be researching commercial recordings at institutions
where there there won't be a scanner available to capture the cover
artwork. Has anyone successfully used a digital camera and lightweight
portable camera stand to capture decent quality pictures of LP jackets (and
CD booklets) and accompanying documentation? Any suggestions on cameras,
stands, technique etc. would be welcome. I will likely have to move
quickly, in other words, setting up for 15 minutes per perfect shot is not
feasible.

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Bresler