This may have already been mentioned, since I've not read all the many
tricks was De-static question", but I've been chastised in the past for
using the wrong syntax, so I'll stick with the above).

My turntable is not the most expensive nor the cheapest, but I've had
good success by elevating the left side of the table when I have
skipping from warped disks.  Of course, I have to experiment to find the
best angle or degree, but generally I find raising the table two or
three inches by putting a stack of CD cases under the two left feet
seems to do the job.  I think most of the modern tables arms are so well
balanced that they will track in this position, even without the
warping, but the angle helps gravity exert enough sideways force to help
get past the up and down gyrations.  I've saved quite a few disk to
computer transfers this way.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions