----- Original Message -----
From: <[log in to unmask]>
> Has anyone given any thought to life after manufacturers stop making
cassette decks?  Anyone care to venture a guess at how long till  that
happens?  Already the best decks (e.g. Tascam 122 MkIII) have been
discontinued.

> With a couple thousand cassettes sitting on the shelves I am wondering
about contigencies.

Buy two or three good-brand machines (i.e. Sony) and several spare belts
(about the only part that needs regular replacement). Your "deck archive"
will probably outlast you!

However, consider that one can buy 78-capable turntables and styli...
and it's been almost a half-century since the last North American 78
was pressed...

Steven C. Barr