Bob Conrad wrote:

> >Any chance they (Sleeve City) could be persuaded to make cheap 16-inch sleeves? I know acid-free is wonderful, but I have a few thousand transcriptions of the vinyl variety which just need covering. I bet if a company offered to produce 25-cent sleeves for a minimum order of ten thousand, we could cover that order in two minutes. I'd take two thousand tomorrow. And Bags Unlimited won't
> do it....I've
> >tried to talk them into it several times.
> >
> >dl
> >

> If you're looking for 16" transcription sleeves, you might want to take
> a look at:
>
> http://www.gaylordmart.com/adblock.asp?abid=143&sid=2D3703BD44D84CDF984D6C00CD469D&search_by=desc&search_for=sleeve
>
> Not cheap -- more than $1 each, but they are acid free.  The other
> downside is that there is no center hole cut out in the middle of them,
> so the record labels are not visible.
>
> Best,
>
> Bob Conrad
> Fort Lee, NJ

As I say, I'd be in the market for just plain paper sleeves, for the simple reason that GOOD sleeves, bless 'em, require you to clean the disc before inserting it..otherwise you're just preserving grunge, grime and grease and throwing away the effectiveness of a good sleeve. And I'm not about to spend a year cleaning music library transcriptions, of which I have a few thousand I want to
store but not clean until I actually need to play them. Lacquers are another story, of course.

dl