Yes Tom,

On the sleeves of my transcriptions it says either, "File Copy" or
"Original" and the channel number (the cutting lathe location at KHJ) is
written in grease pencil on the clear center area of each disk.  So,
they definitely were making an original and a protection copy as the
show was being recorded in Hollywood.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions

<snip>