From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Scopes Trial Sound Recordings

One of our museum members was asked by a local theatrical group about to

present "Inherit the Wind" whether there were any sound recordings
available of
the Scopes trial, either the trial itself or broadcast reports of it.

I found a million links to the trial on Google, but only one relating to

sound recordings, on another list, with a few suggestions for research
but no
definite sources.

Does anyone have any information about the existence of actual
contemporary
recordings of the event?

Mike Csontos