Thanks, This is all very good to know, as I don't listen to very much
recorded classical music as I used to.
One more question - what is this term "shaded dogs?" as in

"These original session tapes while being closest to what was
originally recorded in the concert hall, in many cases do not resemble
the original shaded dogs in sound."
  from the Chesky site...

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689