Mark C.,
If the EAD 2002 XML file had an entity that was not in any of the ent
files the error would point to the EAD file, right?

Maybe I didn't understand your reply.

You might try to look at the ead.dtd and ent files at URL:

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/xmlcommon/dtds/ead2002/ead.dtd

Mike Ferrando
Library Technician
Library of Congress