Please excuse the cross posting of this message to multiple lists.
PCC NACO Training Invitation
Library of Congress
June 5-9, 2006
NOTE: Please do not forward this invitation to other institutions or to online lists without consulting the NACO training coordinator on the LC Coop Team: David Saah ([log in to unmask]
). Thank you for your cooperation.
NACO Training Course at the Library of Congress (LC), Washington, DC, June 5-9, 2006:
The Cooperative Cataloging Team is offering a five-day NACO training course at the Library of Congress, June 5-9, 2006. The timing of the course is designed to be compatible with the Special Libraries Association (SLA) conference to be held the following week. As such, we will reserve a certain number of spaces for SLA members. However, due to the popularity of the course, we can accept only institutions that can show or have shown a commitment to the NACO program.
1. Each institution must make an institutional commitment to NACO membership. It is not a training session for catalogers based on their individual interest in name authorities.
2. Institutions pledge to meet annual contribution goals for new and/or changed name authorities (100 for small libraries, 200 for large libraries, undefined for members of funnel projects)
3. Institutions list both a NACO contact and a NACO backup person to ensure continuity of skills and program activity.
4. Each institution will be responsible for its participantsí travel and accommodation costs. However, there is no fee for the class itself.
5. Participants will be asked to download and print training manuals to bring with them. Both OCLC and RLIN training manuals are available for use in this event.
Registration for the NACO Training Course:
1. Contact the NACO training coordinator for this Institute to express interest in the course and to discuss any questions (see below for the contact information).
Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2006
4. Wait for a confirmation of participation in the course before making any travel reservations. Tentative hotel reservations may be made in advance, because they are more flexible.
Deadline for class confirmations: Friday, April 7, 2006
Participants may make their own hotel arrangements or reserve rooms at Capitol Hill Suites, which is the closest hotel to the training site. Their reservation web page is: http://tinyurl.com/fsnvf
Keep in mind that the Library is accessible by Metro from both the Blue and Orange lines at the Capitol South Station.
NACO Training Coordinator: David Saah
Cooperative Cataloging Team
Library of Congress
Programs at the Library of Congress programs comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If special accommodations are needed for any participant to attend this class, please include pertinent information when filling out the Institute application form.