Tom, if it's the only recording of a person you want to do the best
job possible. Hence my approach which I could have kept as a "trade
secret" but didn't <smile>.

I get auto azimuth with the Dragons.

No incremental charge. Wear a binocular magnifier to do the splicing
when you're as olde as I am <smile>.

Oh, and the JBR is a forensic device and it is multiple K - I think
in the $5K - $7K region. If it was merely $1K I probably would have had one.

At 09:19 PM 3/23/2006, you wrote:
>Goodness gracious, guys, what exactly is on these microcassettes
>that needs a $1K unit with adjustable azimuth??? Come on! Surely no
>one uses this medium for anything resembling high fidelity???
>
>-- Tom Fine

Tape Restoration Seminar:    MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.