Lou,

Although I am glad we have software that can change levels by 0.1 dB, when
I get into that kind of minutiae in a project it is usually a red flag for
"you're losing perspective". For example, I wonder how much air temperature
and humidity change levels (not to mention things like mood change the
artistic impact of a recording). I'd daresay more than 0.1 dB.

One man's opinion.

Marcos

--On Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:43 PM -0800 Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Thanks. I never said we *should* except when it counts. That's when great
> monitors make a difference!
>
>   But I wonder, what does a Johnny Cash song sound like in a symphony
> setting? I have heard Carlene Carter Cash does a bangup job on the song!
>
> <L>
>
> Lou Judson ? Intuitive Audio
> 415-883-2689
>
> On Mar 21, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Marcos Sueiro wrote:
>
>> Lou,
>>
>> Indeed... the fact that we can change them (and can hear it) does not
>> mean we should. But I do it too of course!!
>>
>> Performed by different people at wildly different tempi, the Jupiter
>> Symphony or "Ring of Fire" still come across as great pieces of music
>> (most of the time).
>>
>> I do love the cheering as well though ;-)

Marcos