Though I have build small recording studios and am helping someone deal
with a curved wall in his new mixing space (we work with what we are
given), I am no expert!   And it really is hard to tell what you're up
against based on your drawing here.

There have to be some design firms there in Chicago that could give you
some advice.  I don't know if Acoustic Associates is still around or
not, they were in Palatine.  Maybe someone in the music tech department
over there at Columbia College could point you in the right direction.

You could also post your questions here.
http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=34c9278f3dd811223f554b53acd6f547

Ethan Winer's forum is a good place also.
http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=26;hardset=0;start_point=0;DaysPrune=0

There are also Mode and RT60 calculators all over the web.

As I presume you will be recording voice only, your studio needs to
accommodate your specific need.  I would think that would be quite and dead.

Hope this helps.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
Avocado Productions
Arvada, CO