I believe in blind testing, but not in people... hee hee. Seriously, when I
am uncertain about something, I love to blind-test things (sometimes you
need a friend's help) and see if *I* can tell the difference. It is a great
exercise --sometimes I have liked the 16-bit recording better [gasp!].

Marcos

--On Monday, March 13, 2006 4:21 PM -0500 Bob Olhsson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> If you examine the scientific research that went into the development of
> lossy audio encoding, you'll discover that blind testing isn't all that
> it's commonly cracked up to be. Unfortunately audio pseudo-science has
> become every bit as common as audio mysticism.
>

>> ... I love the
>> power of blind testing.
>
> --
> Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
> Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control
> Over 40 years making people sound better than they ever imagined!
> 615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com

Marcos