Actually if I may interject here, many top DJ's now use a system called
Serato at this point. This allows the user to "map" all of his/her
songs from their
hard drive(s) to their turntables using a specially encoded disc. This
allows DJ's to perform virtually all the turntablist techniques that
thye would do on a
conventional vinyl disc but without playing and physically damaging the
original album. This is an amazing breakthrough and is hailed as such
by
DJ's around the globe. This system is made by RANE if anyone out there
wants to learn more about this remarkable technological innovation. In
short, they have their entire record collection stored on a drive and
can pull up any song an assign that to one of the two tables, repeat
the process
with the second table and mix, cut, scratch, crab fake, and all the
other esoteric tricks as though they had the original vinyl sitting on
the platters.
Strange but true...

Aaron Levinson