-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Scott Phillips
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 11:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] And on the plus side ...

I was working at a major studio in Florida at the time, we often went
through 100 rolls of 2" a WEEK. True, the humidity is high there ,
although the studio climate was well controlled. On quite a number of
famous artists using 468, we had to transfer the master 2" tracks just
to get through tracking, let alone mixing. 1/4" and 1/2" were the same.
I really, really liked the sound of the tape, and dimensionally it was
very well slit and stable in the recorders. The sticky shed was the
issue. 469 was also used a good deal, and it didn't seem at the time to
do the shedding, but no one seemed to like the sound as much, and it was
thinner....