Lou,

Indeed... the fact that we can change them (and can hear it) does not mean
we should. But I do it too of course!!

Performed by different people at wildly different tempi, the Jupiter
Symphony or "Ring of Fire" still come across as great pieces of music (most
of the time).

I do love the cheering as well though ;-)

--On Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:14 AM -0800 Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Now wait - it was a famous mastering engineer who taught me the value of
> *0.1 dB* changes in EQ and level - and the artists learned it from him
> (and me by extension). And there are times when SAMPLE moves are needed
> to drop the note in the pocket, not even milliseconds...
>
> PLus the effect of the cheering and hugging when I was able to remove one
> very short string buzz in a harp solo made all the rest of the pain
> worthwhile! And we get paid by the hour anyway, right?!?
>
> <grin> just being devil's advocate. I love perfect live performances best
> too!
>
> Lou Judson
> Intuitive Audio
>
> On Mar 21, 2006, at 6:42 AM, Marcos Sueiro wrote:
>
>> So true. So goes also with artists who want to change the volume of
>> one track in the mix by half of one dB, or move one note in a solo by
>> miliseconds.

Marcos