Mike Richter wrote:
>And just as a reminder: for most purposes, you will want to write at
>around 12-16x. A 52x writer is not as much faster as arithmetic suggests
>(I told you that it gets complicated) and error rates go up
>substantially as you increase speed above 16x.

This echoes my experiences precisely.  The best record speed for all media
I have tried in my Plextors is 4-8X.  Below 4X, the error rate begins a
slow increase.  Above 8X, the error rate increases roughly exponentially.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet