Interesting possibility. Not seen on websites, but there is a listing
of her singing it on an MGM EP 45...

Leslie Uggams. Now here is a "talent" that had completely slipped my
memory. Appropriately, if you ask me. Imagine a female, black Jack
Jones... Gee, I thought I'd forgotten him too! Pardon if they are
anyone's faves!

Richard, if you can post the other songs from the tape we can probabnly
make an ID - as it is we are obviously guessing in the dark. Songlist
please, just for curiosity?

I have in my archives a simple voice and guitar demo of an otherwise
unknown singer I did in the early 70s who is fully as good and this
woman, but did not have the orchestra, tacky arrangementa, or studio
budget as this one. Yet there is a song on that tape that I will never
forget, that transports me to a gorgeous vision of greek antiquity
unknown in this lifetime... There are so many talented people who lived
in obscurity all their lives, that this mystery is so tasty if it can
be solved. Possibly mo one has ever heard of her since the session
happened... Thanks for the tease if we never solve it!

<L>

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689