Yeah, but a fine player can get a LOT more out of wood and steel in the
way of expression and nuance. I do a lot of live music and electric
keyboards are never as real as a well played and well mic'd piano. One
genius-level professional performer I work with will bring only the
synth for organ parts when there is a real piano in the room. The
electric piano is only for touring... and she is in her thirties too.

Business week is not about music, only profit... (as far as I can see,
only having read it abotu twice). Plus people who would rather use
canned pianos instead of hiring a player have their own agenda. They
can sound better, but rarely are played better.

I'll believe this is truth when I see a classical piano performance
using an electric keyboard.

<L>

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Mar 13, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Scott Phillips wrote:

> <gag> How painful that is.

snip