I agree completely with you on that...!

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Olhsson
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 3:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Quarter-inch splicing tabs...

The problem lies in exactly what you consider "perfect."

Great production is about eliminating the distractions from "what's
right" as opposed to splicing out everything somebody considers "wrong."
Being a songwriter, a musician or a recording engineer doesn't really
qualify one to be a record producer. A lot of younger people don't
understand this distinction.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control Over 40