BIBCO Colleagues,  The joint BIBCO/CONSER Operations Committee meetings will be held at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC, Thursday and Friday, April 27-28, 2006.  We're building our agenda for the joint and separate sessions of these two programs, and will issue the agenda with appropriate documents closer to that time.

In the meantime, we'll share some information about travel and accommodations.  Designated representatives of BIBCO and CONSER receive funding up to a certain limit to attend these meetings.  Those receiving funding will receive paperwork at the OpCo meeting to be reimbursed.  More details will follow.  Other attendees are responsible for their own expenses.

You are welcome to make housing arrangements that suit your needs.  We offer this possibility as a location that is the closest to the Library of Congress' Madison Building.

For those attending the joint CONSER/BIBCO Operations Meeting April 27-28, 2006 at the Library of Congress, a government rate at the Capitol Hill Suites (starts at $180.00 per night) is available until

March 27, 2006. OpCo participants can reserve a room by using the online meeting reservation page:

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=0601248120&key=6CD8B

or by calling the Suites (202)543-6000 and asking for the OpCo Meeting group block.

This block of rooms is reserved Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights, with departure Saturday, April 29, although you may reserve for fewer nights. Anyone wishing to stay additional nights at this rate should call Ms. Gena Zak (202-448-2088) to request those arrangements.

Designated BIBCO representatives to the Operations Committee meeting include:

Joyce Bell, Princeton

Joanna Dyla, Stanford

Magda El-Sherbini, Ohio State U

Robert Ellett, Joint Forces Staff College

Caroline Miller, UCLA

Serafino Porcari, SUNY Buffalo

George Prager, NYU Law Library

Amy Turner, Duke U

Becky Uhl, Arizona State U

Mary Dabney Wilson, Texas A&M

Interested staff from other BIBCO institutions are welcome to attend.  Please indicate your intention to do so prior to the meetings by contacting:

Carolyn Sturtevant

BIBCO Coordinator

Library of Congress

202-707-4551