Hi, because of the multitude of subjects and material I have decided to used
series and subseries to describe and organize my material with <c01> series,
<c02> subseries <c03>
<c01> level label "series" id"series I-VII"
 <unittitle> contains series title
 <unitdate>contains dates of series
 <physdesc> contains no. of boxes and folders
 <unitid> contains the call no. of the box
<c02> Subseries label> title of subseries
 <container>box <container>folder
 <unittitle> title of material in folder
 <unitdate>date of material in folder
When <c02> is broken down to show a connection within
  c02 <container>box is used to id the box and <container>folder is use to
show the number of folders i.e. <c02> <container>folders 1-5
<unittitle> identify the group of folders  and unitdate identify material
dates covered in the folders.  In <c03> is the <container>box, <container>
folder, <unittitle> describes folder contents and <unitdate>dates of the
contents.  A <note> is provided for additional descriptions.

Has anyone done this and does anyone see any problems with using this?

Rita

Rita Knight-Gray, Project Archivist
The Flewellen Collection
East Cleveland Public Library