From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Announcing launch of RLG new service ArchiveGrid - try it out

To:  Readers of this list

ArchiveGrid http://www.archivegrid.org is a new web site that offers faculty, scholars, librarians, and genealogists unparalleled access to archive records and finding aids to enable you to do extensive primary research  on your subject.  Search through nearly a million collection descriptions and get the information you need to arrange a visit or order copies.  Discover hidden collections or confirm the scope of collections you already know.  Save research time by locating exact box and shelf information so that your time on-site will be spent studying relevant materials, not looking for them.

Access to ArchiveGrid is free now through May 31, thanks to a funding grant to support wider use by the academic community and general public.

To get started, here are sample searches to copy and paste into the search box:

- Captain Cook
-
hospital sanitation smallpox
- October Revolution Russia

-  Treaty Versailles
- Irish Emigration
- Balfour Declaration

ArchiveGrid has been developed by RLG, a not-for-profit membership organization of libraries, archives, and cultural organizations worldwide.

Please send me any comments or suggestions you have.
Best regards,
Anne
Anne Van Camp
RLG, Manager of Member Programs