I have a very large guide in Word format which I need to convert to EAD XML.   I am especially concerned about the Series section as we have over 800 boxes to tag.

I am unable to find any way to do this (other than cutting and pasting from Word to and an XML editor) except for using Text conversion software shown on the EAD site http://www.loc.gov/ead/ag/agauthor.html#sec2c

Is this kind of software the only answer or is there another clever way?  If commercial software is the solution, what products have been used and recommended?

Also is there a recommendation of the length/size of an EAD guide?  I have some concern about download time for users.

Thanks in advance for help.

M.J. Figard

Digital Initiatives Librarian

McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center

Houston Academy of Medicine - Texas Medical Center Library

1133 John Freeman Blvd.

Houston, Texas  77030

713.799.7141 fax 713.790.7052

NOTE new email address: [log in to unmask]