Dear JAC members,

We have (some time ago) received two proposals, see below.

This seems to be dialects of Spanish. The exact relationship between the two also seem unclear. I would suggest that we do not assign alpha-3 identifier(s) (or alpha-2 identifier(s), which are also requested).

Discussion please (until 14 April).

Best regards,
Håvard

***** FIRST SUBMISSION *****

This data was submitted on: Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 07:19:12

lang_in_eng = Murcian

lang_in_fre = Murciane, panotxo

ref_where_found_1 = Spain (Valencia, Murcia, Albacete, Granada, Malaga, Jaen)

lang_in_vern = murciano, panocho

ref_where_found_2 =

trans_lit =

evidence = Universidad de Murcia (Murcian Universitae) 35
Llengua Maere 5
Ajuntaera 23

addinfo = estimated speakers 350.000-3.500.000 The official status is old dialect of romance Where spoken: Sorth-Est of Spain: all Murcia Comunity; sourth Alicante; north Jaen, Almería, Granada; one city of Málaga.

request_addition = ISO 639-1 and ISO 639-2

2_code_suggestion = MU

3_code_suggestion = mur

submit_name = Joaquin Andreu

submit_email = [log in to unmask]

submit_status = Speaker

****** SECOND SUBMISSION *****

This data was submitted on: Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 07:25:49

lang_in_eng = Panocko

lang_in_fre = panotxo

ref_where_found_1 = Ayuntamiento de ALmoradi

lang_in_vern = panocho, vegabajense, vegabajiense, murssiano, panotxo

ref_where_found_2 = Ayuntamiento de ALmoradi

trans_lit = evidence = Ayuntamiento de Almoradi Ayuntamiento de Benejuzar Ayuntamiento de Catral Ayuntamiento de Torrevieja

addinfo = estimated speakers 20.000-500.000 The official status is old dialect of Murcian language Where spoken: Sorth-Est of Spain: sourth Alicante; Vega Baja del Segura region.

request_addition = ISO 639-1 and ISO 639-2

2_code_suggestion = px

3_code_suggestion = pnx