I too use both TY and MAM-A and find that to get good results with
MAM-A through the Clover analyzer, I must burn at a slower speed (4x max.).

John Gibbs
University of Washington
Music Library
Box 353450
Seattle, WA  98195-3450

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Here's a question for those who use cd-r for preservation.
>
> I have used Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui for the last 8 years.  In that time TY
has always come out of my burners with much better quality as demonstrated
by a Clover Systems analyzer.  My question is, if TY has a consistently better error rate than Mitsui, is there any reason for me to use Mitsui at all?  I know the arguments for and against phthalocyanine.  What do you all say?