[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Here's a question for those who use cd-r for preservation.
>
> I have used Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui for the last 8 years.  In that time TY has always come out of my burners with much better quality as demonstrated by a Clover Systems analyzer.  My question is, if TY has a consistently better error rate than Mitsui, is there any reason for me to use Mitsui at all?  I know the arguments for and against phthalocyanine.  What do you all say?

With those results, I see no advantage to Mitsui (or, presumably, MAM-A)
and therefore no reason to use them. One exception would be storage for
generations or in a corrosive environment where, perhaps, gold
metallizing would be preferable to that in the T-Y.

Or not. Data on relative life expectancy are all but impossible to find.
Theoretically, gold may be superior, but if it doesn't matter in use,
theory is of only theoretical interest.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/