Good morning,

We use Toast442.org's MD5, http://www.toast442.org/, to run our
checksums.  It is free Windows software and works rather well from our
perspective. We have used it for about 3 years.   All checksums
generated are kept in the folder containing the digital files and is
named so that we know exactly what it is for.  In our case, we give
everything a batch number, so the checksum is saved using that
particular batch code.  Should the data in folder change, a very rare
occurrence, the checksum would be run again.

Miriam

--
Miriam Meislik
Archivist/

http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh
http://images.library.pitt.edu/pghphotos

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
--Steven Wright