Ganesh,

For all of the institutional projects we handle, we always generate a
MD5 hash from the original drive file, after all audio metadata has been
input. Many of our clients now require it as part of their job
specifications, but we supply it to them irregardless. We usually
include it in a separate folder included in the batch file for the audio
data, as well as on a separate metadata file when requested.

There are a few different checksum programs available. One that I like
is Advanced CheckSum Verifier by Irnis Haliullin. There are also
versions that will run on Mac and Unix platforms.

Scottt D. Smith

Chicago Audio Works, Inc.
Chicago, IL