Tom Fine wrote:
> http://www.lightscribe.com/
>
> Obviously, I don't think this appropriate for archival stuff, but do you
> think it could effect audio quality on client discs? Not sure how,
> except if a burn from the top could effect how the bottom is read in
> some drives.
>
> -- Tom Fine

It's a tool of very limited value in large part because of the special
media required. Selection is limited and getting a line of blanks that
works well - even at over $1 per conventional CD-R - will be
problematic. HP offers one package of CD-R media, one of DVD+R and two
drives (one each internal and external).

In short, there appears to be a very limited market. The product I've
seen lacks the crispness and contrast needed to be a winner and writing
is neither quick nor convenient. In short, a thermal printer would
appear to be a better choice all around.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/