  I have a copy of the 78 to which Steve Smolian referred, Victor 36000. The
labels read

  36000-A -- TWO SYMPHONIC SKETCHES
                    (a) Nocturne (b) March
                     (1st Prize Award)
                     (Thomas Griselle)

  36000-B -- SONG OF THE BAYOU
                    (2nd Prize Award)
                       (Rube Bloom)

  The Griselle is credited to the Victor Concert Orchestra, the Bloom to the
Victor Salon Group (male voices). The conductor of both is Nathaniel Shilkret.

  It's interesting that the label doesn't say what contest these works won,
but I gather from what Steve wrote that there was accompanying publicity (that
would be typical of Victor) and perhaps the company assumed that purchasers
would know.

  Don Tait