As I am still doing some film production and TV work, I have maintained my
membership in IATSE. This doesn't have any connection to my archival work,
however, except when I am working on a Hollywood dub stage.

I'm afraad that the audio archival business is a long ways away from
ever being
close to a union type operation, except for facilities such as Warner
Bros. and
Universal, who are required to use Union labor at their studio facilities.

Scott D. Smith
Chicago Audio Works, Inc.