Well, it looks like people are adding reverb to their halls in live
performance now. So what will be the "real" acoustics of a hall?:

<http://svconline.com/mag/avinstall_subtle_magic/>

May this be a trend? I find it disturbing, but can't really say why.

Marcos

--On Monday, April 03, 2006 2:05 PM -0400 Bob Olhsson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Goran Finnberg wrote:
>> Which makes the practice of adding echo after the recording highly
>> dubious for classical music as you´re correct that the tempo is set by
>> how long the ambience is in the room where the recording was done.
>
> What the musicians hear always has a huge impact on the music no matter
> what genre it is. I'm convinced that a lot of today's signal processing
> abuse is a result of overdubbing, bad headphone mixes and people trying
> to perform while listening to excessive dynamics processing.
>

> --
> Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
> Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control
> Over 40 years making people sound better than they ever imagined!
> 615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com

Marcos