I am looking for completed documentaries (video or film) about the
Russian conductor and opera company director, Valery Gergiev (born
1953). He is general director of the Mariinsky Theatre and also
associated with the Metropolitan Opera, the Rotterdam Philharmonic
Orchestra, and the London Symphony Orchestra.

He became chief conductor and artistic director of the Mariinsky in
1988. In 1995 he became principal conductor of the Rotterdam
Philharmonic Orchestra, and in 1997, principal guest conductor of the
Metropolitan Opera in New York City.  Gergiev has also been a
consistent supporter of peace in the Caucasus, particularly in the
conflict between the Georgian central government and South Ossetia.

I am interested in film or video docs (or TV news / magazine
coverage) that have interviews, biography material, rehearsal
coverage - not filmed performances of Gergiev conducting.  Any leads
on collections with such coverage most appreciated.

(By the way, I am already aware of the 60 minutes segment and of the
film Valιry Gergiev : in rehearsal & performance. 1997	Chatsworth,
CA : Image Entertainment, c2001, c1997)

Many thanks and feel free to contact me off-list.  I am interested in
purchasing copies of these documentaries.

(apologies to those who also received this on the AMIA-L.)

Lewanne Jones
Autonomedia
PO Box 568
Brooklyn, NY 11211
T: 718.387.6471  F: 718.963.2603 Cell: 347-249-0653
Visit our website and online bookstore at http://www.autonomedia.org