I would strongly suggest not double cataloging the books in EAD if
they will be in your OPAC.  It is possible to use MARC records to see
the totality of a book collection.  For books  that we want to be
able to identify as being part of a collection, we add the collection
name to the MARC record (I think the 710 field).  Our webpage then
has a hyperlink that does a canned search of the OPAC for the
collection and displays all of the books in it.   See our health
sciences book collections at <http://www.uic.edu/depts/lib/
specialcoll/scrarebooks.shtml>

Douglas A. Bicknese
University Archivist