Yes, I had seen that a few weeks ago. I have no idea what their structure
is behind the scenes, but they probably downloaded the language code table
and the macrolanguage mappings table from the SIL website:
http://www.sil.org/iso639%2D3/download.asp

and plugged the data into their processes. These two tables (+ the data on
B/T identifier equivalents compiled from the ISO 639-2/RA site or from the
sil site) contain all the data that they would need to create the language
codes part of the table displayed as part of any entry on a language.

-Joan

"Rebecca S. Guenther" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee <[log in to unmask]>
04/06/2006 04:40 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
did anyone know?

I just noticed that Wikipedia includes the ISO 639-1, 639-2 (B and T) and
639-3 language codes in articles relating to specific languages. I wonder
how/if they keep them up to date.

Rebecca