Hi all,

I think you might be interested in reading:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1045/june2005-bekaert

It describes a research collaboration between the LANL Research Library and
the American Physical Society (APS) aimed at designing and implementing a
robust solution for the accurate transfer of digital assets from the APS
collection to LANL.

It also describes how one can combine W3C XML Signature & Processing and
XML-based digital object formats to guarantee the integrity of the
transferred content and the authenticity of the sender. I have been looking
at MPEG-21 DID in particular; but I guess the core principles are the same
when using METS. (e.g. the fact that you would need XML Signatures for both
the datastreams/METS.files and the wrapper document, the set of transforms
that are needed, etc.).

Cheers,
jeroen

--
Jeroen Bekaert

Faculty of Engineering, Ghent University
Jozef-Plateaustraat 22
B-9000 Ghent, Belgium
tel. +32 9 264 39 11
e-mail: [log in to unmask]