        Network Bulletin  No.:  06-14

        Date:  March 31, 2006

        Subject:    Staff, NLS

        Index term:   Paula Weick Stuart appointed
        Multistate Center West director

        Paula Weick Stuart appointed Multistate Center West director

        Paula Weick Stuart was appointed director of the Multistate Center West (MSCW)
        in Salt Lake City, Utah, effective February 6.  As director, Ms. Stuart oversees all
        activities for the agency that serves as the distribution point for NLS materials to
        network libraries west of the Mississippi and to patrons overseas.

        Having worked in both academic and public libraries for thirty years, Stuart has an
        extensive background in library service.  From 1975 78, she worked in cataloging
        and reference at Brigham Young University's Lee Library while earning her BA in
        humanities and then her master's degree in library science.  In 1978, she worked for
        the Weber County Public Library, where she organized and then managed one of its
        new branches.  Stuart joined the staff of the Stewart Library at Weber State University
        in 1997, leaving in 2006 to head the MSCW.  She has also pursued freelance work as
        a technical writer.

        "I like taking on new challenges and learning new things, so the move to MSCW has
        been great for me," said Stuart.  "I'm happy to be here at MSCW and am looking
        forward to being a member of the NLS team."

        For further information contact:

        Carolyn Hoover Sung
        Chief, Network Division
        (202) 707-9300