Dear PCC libraries:

I am chairing a local University of Washington Libraries task force on
International Studies cataloging. We need to gather some informal "best
practices" input from peer institutions.

Do you catalog large amounts of materials in non-Western European
languages?  Monographs, serials and/or media?

If so, we are interested in talking to you. We are especially interested in
what you may be doing for materials where your catalogers do not have the
necessary language expertise.

We are interested ideally in best practices, but it would also be useful
to hear about what doesn't work.

Please contact me *offlist* ([log in to unmask]) if you are
interested in sharing your experiences with our task force. Thank you,

Diana Brooking             (206) 543-8405
Cataloging Librarian       (206) 685-8782 fax
Suzzallo Library           [log in to unmask]
University of Washington
Box 352900
Seattle WA  98195-2900