> Lest we forget something about what we provide to our patrons: Just
because LC is going to tag the series as "490 untraced" doesn't mean
that you can't provide access to that information as some sort of
"series tracing" in your own OPAC

True, however

>(Imported copy cataloging records will have series access points
removed   and series statements changed to 490 0.)

means that even if we trace series, LC will eventually remove our work.
So basically LC is saying "we're not doing it, and you can't either."
So much for cooperative cataloging.

--
John Lavalie
Des Plaines Public Library