It happens that I needed to generate a diagnostic today for an SRU
server that couldn't handle a query simply because the query was too
darned long.  The clearly correct diagnostic for this, from the list at:
	http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/diagnostics-list.html
seems to be "12, Too many characters in query", but that is for some
reason deprecated.  Can anyone justify this deprecation?  If not, can
this diagnostic please be reinstated?

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  Growing up is the inevitable process of becoming firstly the
	 people our parents warned us about, and then the people that
	 the people our parents warned us about, warned us about.