My mind was in a state of flux regarding what line I should take and
weber or not I should reply at all.

But, I gauss I should reply and inform you that we make sure there
are no extra teslas around where we store or use tapes using both AC
and DC magnetometers.

At 06:16 PM 5/4/2006, Rod Stephens wrote:
>I wonder if Richard really wants to "field" that one.
>
>Rod Stephens
>
>steven c wrote:
>
>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess"
>>

>>>It seems as if I have become a magnet for hard-to-restore tapes --
>>>which I don't mind, it adds to the challenge of the job. Also, I
>>>believe what may be hard-to-restore now may become
>>>easier-to-restore if proper procedures and protocols are developed
>>>and promulgated.
>>>
>><snip> Hmm-m-m-m...
>>
>>If you're a "magnet for...tapes," wouldn't you erase any with which
>>you came into contact...?!
>>:-)
>>Steven C. Barr

Tape Restoration Seminar:    MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.