From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hi Graeme,

you wrote:

> Hi George
>
> On 26/05/2006 you wrote;
>
> GBN> Hi Phillip and Graeme,
>
> GBN> you posted:
> >> ...this is not a good idea at all.
>
> GBN> ----- actually it is a good idea.
>
> You misunderstood my post. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the
> *idea* - in fact, it's essential if you want to play such records - my
> concern was over the location of the switch. That, most certainly, is
> not ideal.

----- I think we agree completly on the principle, and my post only served to
indicate how to minimize the problem of excess mass. The tumbler switch shown
on eBay is heavy. Before installing my miniature printed circuit switch I
used to use pliers and physically reverse the wiring on my pickup, another
approach that "is not a good idea at all". Anyway, I use a brush to bolster
the shell and take care of uneven record surfaces, so excess mass is even
less of a problem for me. That's the way I have skinned the cat (not
literally!)

Kind regards,

George