Thursday night is the Ask The Technical Committee session and Friday is the
Collectors Roundtable which is essentially the schmooze thing you're talking
about but without food.

I think planning something for Friday would be great idea and then it could
move from dinner over to the hotel for the Roundtable session.

>either a multi-course Hong Kong-style Chinese
dinner<

I think that might be the best ida. It's the closest distance wize that  most
attendees will get to Hong Kong and it makes splitting the cost MUCH  easier!
(ALWAYS a problem).

So, for the moment count me in. (and you might want to also post on 78-L  for
those not on ARSCLIst too!)

Steve Ramm