Those are noise Isolating, not noise canceling phone. It plugs up your
ear canal so all you hear is the earbuds. Then you press a buttom on
the control and it lets you hear outside sounds.

Noice canceing phones have mics that listen to the noise,
reverse-opahse it, so it reduces the annoying effect. I doubg they are
prefect, so may eve increase the DB on your eardrums.

Nonetheless it is hw loud the user turns it that does the damage...
along with sustained long term listening loud.

Lou Judson � Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689