Hello,

I am gathering information for two reasons:

I will be speaking at the upcoming SAA conference on a panel called "The
Future of Finding Aids"  -- because RLG hosts ArchiveGrid, I know a fair
amount about rough proportions of archival collection description in MARC,
EAD, and HTML.  I know nothing about other formats (such as Word, PDF,
etc) for collection descriptions, so I'm hoping to get a handle on this.

If it turns out that there are significant number of "other formats" this
is interesting information for future development of ArchiveGrid.

The survey will only take a few minutes if you have:

A rough idea of the number of described collections in your institution;
A rough idea of how many of those collections are described ONLY in Word,
PDF, or other formats aside from MARC, EAD, or HTML.

I will be happy to share results (although not personal data) after the
survey.

Here's the URL: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=268672174268

Thanks!

Merrilee

Merrilee Proffitt
RLG -- www.rlg.org
2029 Stierlin Court, Suite 100, Mountain View, CA  94043 USA
voice: +1-650-691-2309
www.hangingtogether.org