With a little trouble, your stylesheet that converts EAD to MARC could be adjusted to add some of the granularity you're seeking, especially with your recusive use of <altformavailable>

Conisdering adding these additional encodinganalog attributes to drive the transformation.

<altformavail id="a17" encodinganalog="530">
<head>Alternative Forms Available</head>
<altformavail type="microfilm" encodinganalog="530$3">
Archives of American Art offices, and through interlibrary loan.</p>
</altformavail>
<altformavail type="digital" encodinganalog="530$3">
hyperlinked to this finding aid in the Container List below.</p>
</altformavail>
</altformavail>

Actually, you may not even need to add these additional encoding analogs.

If there is a @TYPE attribute in every instance of altformavail/altformavail, one can by default automatically map the value of @TYPE to MARC 530$3.

If the contents of every altformavail/altformavail/p goes into MARC 530$a, then the stylesheet can automatically make that transfermation as well.

If every situation is consistent and predicable, a lot can be done by default though this approach carries an obvious risk.

Michael