Ray,

We also have hoped that the method of expressing coordinates could
become more standardized in MODS; while recognizing the need to
accomodate mapped legacy "statement" data from MARC, we'd like to be
able to describe the n-sided polygon and to specify the format of the
coordinates in an attribute.

We've also wondered whether to go with decimal or degree-minute-second.
Decimal can be expressed with available keyboard characters (if the
degree symbol is omitted), that may be an advantage.   The format of the
coordinate expression needs to incorporate hemisphere, otherwise
hemisphere needs to be expressed another way in the element, perhaps as
an attribute.

Laura
--
*Laura Akerman