Since we are a MAC environment, we use Oxygen which is amazing and runs on the cheaper side of shareware.
www.oxgyenxml.com
Best,
Farris Wahbeh
Manager, Creative Audio Archive
Experimental Sound Studio
5925 N Ravenswood
Chicago, IL  60660
773-769-1069
www.exsost.or

On 6/23/06, Shaw, Sarah <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We use NoteTab Pro for our EAD work at Brown University, and it includes a find/replace feature, plus the "undo/redo" arrows, definitely worth the $20 for "NoteTab Pro" versus the free NoteTab in my opinion.

-- Sarah

Sarah J. Shaw

Digital Initiatives Librarian

Brown University Library

Box A   Providence, RI   02912

TEL:  401 863-1508

FAX:  401 863-1272

Nichele Scalessa wrote:

I prefer to use a freeware program called NoteTab light, although

NoteTab Pro is worth the small fee to upgrade. www.notetab.com . I was

introduced to it when I attended Daniel Pitti's EAD Publishing class at

Rare Book School . The only feature I miss compared to X-Metal is the

search and replace function, therefore I keep an old copy of X-Metal 3.0

on hand.

Nicole Scalessa

IT Manager & Reference Librarian

The Library Company of Philadelphia

1314 Locust St., Phila ., PA 19107

215-546-3181 - Fax 215-546-5167

Visit us at http://www.librarycompany.org

--
"Where there is no vision the People Perish."
--James Hampton